Monday, September 28, 2009

I can count that on my fingers!

Today marks the sixth week of school for me up at SUU. That means that there are only ten more weeks left! You don't know how happy that makes me. I can do anything ten times, I can count that on my fingers! I know that I am supposed to be enjoying my journey while I am here, and I really am trying to do that. But sometimes it just seems so endless, I just keep having to leave my family and it makes me so sad. But ten weeks? Now that is manageable! Today I texted my sister Kristi, these were my exact words: "Only ten more weeks of school! Yes! You can count that on your fingers! We can totally make it!" If that's not encouraging to someone struggling through a really hard dental hygiene program, or some little baby that can't handle being away from her family, then I don't know what is. Also, who thinks it's symbolic that the only picture I could find on google of someone putting up ten fingers is of Nelson Mandela? I don't know the whole story, but I know that he went to jail for something like fifty years somewhere in Africa for speaking his mind about what was right. If he can sit in a jail cell for fifty years being completely innocent, then I can certainly handle ten more weeks at college! Ah wow the symbolism!

ps- who thinks that its sad that i learned that story about Nelson Mandela on America's Next Top Model? Ha at least I heard it somewhere, I knew that show was good for something!

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH I'm laughing out loud at work alone after hours. Your hilarious! Nelson Mandela! AHH and the black girl that was bigger was all emotional and the white girls were like we think its cool too. You are funny. And I fully appreciated the encouraging news! THANK YOU! I love you. You totally can do this, just keep thinking of our buddy Nelson:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that was a really funny episode huh! love it! thanks for texting me back!..its ok blog comments are even better than texting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! HA HA HA! No wonder you are so smart... its cuz you watch Americas Next Top Model I really have always wondered now I know. Ten weeks really is so fast. That is only THREE fast sundays!!!! Think about that WOO WOO! Love you hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT POST!!! ( I LOVE SYMBOLISM!) Promise me you won't quit blogging when you return home in 10 weeks.

    I, too, am sooooooooo happy there is only 10 weeks left and like 6ish of FOOTBALL....I know it's selfish. But that's what I do lately---be selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am like the queen of selfishness...its kind of ridiculous! But whatever only nine weeks now...maybe I can find a picture of Rosa Parks or something for nine? Ha that might be a little difficult!

    ReplyDelete