Monday, October 5, 2009

I got dumped. I got pink eye. I got a bloody nose. It was twenty six degrees.

Awesome right?...I'm sure you are all jealous.

But honestly, I'm fine. I mean yes, getting dumped by the first boy that you have actually liked, not just cause they're hot and popular, but because they make you laugh, that hurts. Its embarrassing and humiliating and it makes me cry, but that is nothing new! Yes, I will probably miss him and it will take me some time to adjust. Yes, I think it's weird that he still texts me every day. Yes, it kind of breaks my heart. But just a little bit.

A couple hours after the dumpage, mild tears, a couple prayers, and finally sleep, I wake up at four in the morning to a searing pain in my eye. Take out the contacts figuring they just irritated my eye with the crying and the tear wiping. Wake up in the morning, pink eye. Now that is going to make me feel awesome. I got dumped and now I have an oozing infection that means I can't wear make up or contacts. I ditched my last two classes and came home. My real home, not this hotel in the freezing cold in cedar, that is not home.

My family makes me feel better. They let me eat ice cream and tell me that it will be fine. I get an appointment with the eye doctor who gives me drops and says I will be good as new in a couple days. I trust him. Partly because he went to like ninety years of school. Party because he looks and acts exactly like Pilot Jake from the Bachelorette. Party because I really hope he is right. Three days later, I'm still wearing glasses but my eye no longer burns with searing pain. Three days later I made a playlist of I'm over it songs for my i-pod...and I jammed on my way back to Cedar. I might not be good as new, but I am definitely good. Maybe I'm a new kind of good that doesn't need a high school boy. Maybe someone will think I am the hottest glasses wearing girl in the world. Probably not, but reguardless, I'm good! So mom, no need to worry! Emily, please don't buy me anything, food substance or otherwise, I can't be the fat, glasses wearing, eye oozing, dumped girl that would just be sad. Kristi, thank you for the conference post, i agree with all your thoughts and now don't feel like I need to blog my own! Kassie, I expect a really funny and uplifting comment to this blog update, maybe even two! That covers all of my blog lookers so anyone else that finds this on the internet, don't show it to Eric Carter, that is just embarassing.


12 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Ha HA HA HA!!! You freakin crack me up so much it hurts. Funny thing is I need your address again cuz I did get you something (WOW you know me well)!!! You will be fine and you do look super HOTT in your glasses so I'm sure someone will notice now that you are single. I think it is weird that he texts you still, just tell him to stop. Wish I could have seen you more this weekend but at least I saw you for a min. Love you! Talk to you later... oh and don't freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, ya know how mom always says at least your cute to everything? Well yes that, but ALSO- at least your freakin hilarious!!!! Oh my gosh. Not that the whole topics are hilarious but your post seriously made me laugh. You are so awesome Jess. And learning to look at the sucky things as a "maybe this could be a good thing" is SO GROWN UP AND WISE AND AWESOME OF YOU! I'm so proud. Look at you growing and learning and maturing. Eric's loss for sure. And I gaurantee there are HUNDREDS of MEN that would die to date the glasses wearing hot-stuff that you are. You are so wonderful. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. Its not fun and I HATE my little poopie to hurt. I love you so very much that I'm kinna crying at work while I give you my big-sister wisdom. Good luck Jess! Your awesome and I appreciate the update:) You life is gonna be amazing and get better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks guys! Who knew I was funny? Maybe its just my inner thoughts about sucky things that come out to be funnt...ha I love you guys! Its a good thing I have you to comment on my blog and text when I am super bored and homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and em my address is 351 W University BLVD PO Box 8331 Cedar City, UT 84720...ha sorry i forgot

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROTFL (do you know that accroynm? I'm sure you do. You're at SUU)!!!
    K-Jessica Janae-YOU MAKE ME LAUGH TIL I P.P. That is a shitty week. period.

    Are we to 9 weeks left yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't going to swear because I know your mom reads this...but it felt warranteed. Just sayin. Sorry Elaine. but honestly. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally second Kassie. Thanks for the address.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha that was awesome...i agree i think that warrants a good swear..but no I don't know what ROTFL means...maybe you should teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. rolling on the floor laughing? ha at least that's what Talysha said..I'm not hip to that lingo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so funny. I love your blog. I am so glad you told me about your blog. I love reading it. I have been reading all of your posts but this was so funny I just had to comment.

    ReplyDelete