Thursday, October 22, 2009

open toed shoes+30 degrees=a really long walk to institute!


Yes. I went for it. I wore sandals and capris. It was 29 degrees when I left my house this morning. Not a good combination! I made it to math just fine, where I got some wonderful help from my American TA. He is so much easier to understand than my cute little asian professor! Anyway, I exit the science building and attempt to walk to the institute building all the way ACROSS campus! It was the coldest most miserable walk I have ever attempted! I tripped like five times almost hitting the sidewalk with my face at least twice! In institute we learned about listening to the promptings of the spirit. Obviously I was not listening when He told me to put some freaking real shoes on or you will freeze your butt off! Well I learned my lesson! From now on, I will just change my clothes after class before I go to St. George!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh BRRRR! Its cold here today, I bet it really is freezin there! Poor lil freezin poopie. Gain some weight, it will insulate you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha gain some weight in my feet? that might be tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have totally gained weight in my feet so let it be said it can happen!! It is really uncomfy though cuz then none of your shoes fit correctly so don't do that, JUST wear real shoes. HA sorry about the lesson learned it is a tough one. See you soon! LOVE you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My feet gained weight and height after pregancy...the rest of my body gained weight, lost height, and began getting odor-ous...I think it might be Mother Nature's way of ensuring I don't ever get pregnant again. And, I lost my vision---so I where glasses. Glasses are cute on lots of peeps. However, I don't have any style, I wear scrubs and always have my hair pulled back SOOOO
    all this amounts to some very unattractiveness...which brings us back to the never having more kids...
    And I'm not warmer...I just need bigger sweatshirts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rica, did you forget to listen to your mother. You need shoes that actually cover your feet. You are at 6000 feet. Silly Jess. Hey, but you did wear real shoes when you went hiking. I was proud.

    ReplyDelete