Friday, April 1, 2011

In my old age...


I am coming to the conclusion of my teenage years. Weird i know. In my head i am still approximately fifteen reliving my sophomore year of high school, when all the senior boys were this beautiful intangible mystery and somehow they all appreciated the freshness of my meat. Well although I feel like those days are long gone, I now go to school with a wonderful group of people that are married with children, and they make me feel like a tiny little idiot. So contrary to what my classmates have to say, I am full of wisdom and maturity, as evidence by....

The love of reading.

Well, not exactly a love, or desire, more like an internal need to read and read and read, and not so much for enjoyment, but so I don't fail tests. And while the need to read doesn't actually show wisdom, the knowledge that I gain turns into wisdom, and prioritization of reading my textbooks, rather than say.... do anything else, shows some serious maturity.

Modest Swimwear!

With maturity comes modesty. I am now the proud owner of two one piece swimming suits and one adorable tankini (pictured above), that is named after me. The Jessica Tankini, like it was fate that I take this step into my future by not baring my midrif. Now that is a mature decision.

Other things that classify me as old and mature..
1. I have now been in the relief society presidency for two semesters in a row. It doesn't get older or more straight arrow than relief society.
2. I actually attempted (but failed) to do my visiting teaching. When you picture a visiting teacher, you do not picture a young immature little lady.
3. I love sweet potatoes and asparagus, yes those are vegetables. That is maturity in it's finest.
4. And finally, in approximately three months and three days, I will no longer be a teen! That means that I am a for real grown up....right?







5 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHH! Slow down! Be immature as long as your able to not be effected by the 'mature' ones.
    I think maturity is EXTREMELY overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been accused of being mature. Life is much better that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha oh sweet little poopie...although you will always be 7 to me, you have had maturity oozing from your poors since oh..age 7 when you applied "perplexed" to your daily vocabulary. You are so cute and I do say the modet swimware is a large step...it took pregnancy for me to finally give it up haha. Your so cute. Those grown ups in your class are jealous of your fresh meat:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those things are all very grown up. It is so fun to watch you grow up right before our eyes.

    I sure love you as a kid and as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since you are the tiny baby of the family, I have tried to let you grow up but sometimes I just want to stop everyone and take an afternoon for peanut butter sandwiches (with the crust cut off), swimming in the tiny pool in the back yard (with the sprinklers on), licking the bowl (or just eating the batter), oh yea, we still do that all the time, watching you, Kristi and Haley play barbies for hours.etc. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete