Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh please let it end!

finals week = worse than waking up at 5 in the morning for clinicals

I have never before had so bad of a case of summeritis. Maybe it is because I am the queen of self-diagnosis now, I'm not sure, but I honestly haven't listened to a word coming out of my teachers mouths for the last three weeks. In class, boring boring four hour long class, I sit next to the most ADHD child in all the world. Together we look at facebook and youtube snowboarding videos and google the most attractive way to wear a polo. We discuss what I should wear to various events and he tells me why he has yet to find a wife even though he listens to the prophet. When he falls asleep, i doodle all over my "notes" hearts and squiggles and flowers and stars. When that fails to entertain me I look, I look out the window, which is all the way behind me, and watch for bunnies and hikers on the mountain. Occasionally I stare at some of my other classmates until they look at me. Oh the joys of being a slacker.

At home when I need to be studying, I....
1. Watch Wildfire on netflix. I seriously can't stop myself. I love Junior so much I might die. Best teen drama soap opera ever!
2. Eat easter candy.
3. Practice my violin. Well, at least that one is productive.
4. Eat other unhealthy things.
5. Read the Reader's Digest. Because I am an eighty year old man. There was actually a very interesting article about this lady that works in a company that charges college students to write their essays for them. Like she just googles and bull craps seventy five page research papers for $2,000! What is this world coming to?
6. Paint my nails. Usually while watching Wildfire.
7. Get frozen treats (mini blizzard) with Em and her children.
8. Lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling.
9. Meander aimlessly on the internet.
10. Look at my books and pretend to be studying but singing Taylor Swift songs in my head instead of actually comprehending what I am reading.


The first picture that came up when I google imaged finals. Haha and I just couldn't resist sharing those joyful faces with the world :)


The life of a productive nursing student!

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME post!!!! Seriously awesome. You now know what I have felt like my ENTIRE school career HA. It is kind of fun you have to admit right?!? Love you thank you for always going and getting frozen treats with me. This summer swimming then frozen treats...ehh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! Ohhh summer. Its a very distracting thing. Dont worry, my first semester- by the time I got to my last final I was so shot I didn't study one bit for it. Then on my final I took the full 2 hours & kept searching my one notecard that I had printed so tiny on hoping answers would appear! You are too hillarious & that is an awesome picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are having Summeritis-iosis because you are too smart. You already GOT the stuff they are teaching you. Your interest will re-appear after a break and when they are teaching you something of worth. :)
    That picture is so awesome.
    Meandering is necessary. (I can spell 'necessary' when I'm typing but not when I'm texting. weird.)
    We'll see you guys soon! Next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, at least you have a funny person in your class that you can laugh with. By the way, I think the things on your slacking list are actually a very important part of life. They are things that bring joy, happiness and memories. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete