Monday, October 4, 2010


I love conference, even though its eight hours of church, even though I don't get to wear my adorable new lace adorned shirt with my rockin black pencil skirt and steve madden pumps (i mean i could have but that just seems inappropriate in a lawn chair in my half painted basement), even though I'm a loser pants and the only child home for three sessions, even though we didnt think ahead and get treats, I LOVE CONFERENCE! My three favorite talks:

1. Holland(of course): When he talked about his parents sacrificing so much to pay for his mission I bawled like a little baby(not like that's anything surprising). My parents give me everything. My mom started working a full time job so that she could pay for my dance and violin lessons. And she never complained. Never said gee wiz Jess it would sure be nice to hear some appreciation since I am working nine hour days so that you can be the prima ballerina and the concert violinist. They did it cause they love me. They do everything cause they love me and they want me to be happy. Holy crap good people.

2.Uchtdorf: The "what does this haave to do with airplanes" comment was seriously hilarious. I think he is a funny, good looking, awesomely accented older man. I love the message of his talk, when things get hard and you feel busy, don't try and make yourself busier. Don't try and speed up. Go at your optimism, this is hard crap, speed and focus on the fundamentals. I really need to listen to that.

3. President Monson: Oh how I love that wise old owl! I love his gratitude talk. He is so right! I love when I have those awesomely positive days and I just love everything and I look and the blue sky and sing my favorite songs and feel so amazingly happy that nothing can take me down. I need to do that more often, even if it's rainy and cold, even if I have two tests and have to work and dont have time to go to the gym and feel good about attempting to reduce the size of my thighs. I have everything. I have a testimony of the gospel, I have the most awesome loving family on the face of the earth, I have the opportunity to learn crazy things that most people would never want to know, I get to dance once a week and feel so alive and happy, I get to practice my violin every day(well I try and practice every day) and hear the beauty of music and work on my talents, I have friends- ya real ones, who know me and love me for who I am. I AM BLESSED!

4 comments:

  1. You are lovely!! We are so lucky to have you in our family (how else would we have any culture). Thank you for all you do for me. When you have babies I promise I will help you as much as you do me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute. I love conference too! And those are probably my top 3 as well... are we the same person? Ha. I love you poopie scoopie. You are such an excellent little sister example. You are sugar & spice & everything nice & good & right. You glow:) Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears again. I am very proud of you. I am proud that you read your scriptures more than I do and that you clean your room without me asking and you clean the bathroom just so I don't have to. I am proud of your talents and love to hear you practice and love that you don't care when I just lay on the couch, close my eyes and listen to your violin. It is healing to me and I love it. I love that you study so hard and set your goals high, then go after them. I love that my kids all love each other. I feel accomplished and very rich indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favs also. Except Pres. Monson---haven't heard it yet because I had personal issues. Everyone has loved it though, including MY mom! I'm excited to read in Ensign.

    You're awesome Rica! Can't wait to see you TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete