Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm IN!

(oh I couldn't resist the sweet little asian)


I made it. That oh so ambiguous grown up goal is actually in my very immediate future. It just seems so surreal. It's like graduating high school all over again. Even though I over planned and over thought everything I still never thought that the day would actually come. Am I sure I can do this? Do I want to do this? Do I want harder scarier school and clinicals with real people that I could potentially seriously injure or kill? Am I big enough for this? My awesome sister in law Kassie commented that even when I am a real RN at the ripe old age of 20 looking like a 12 year old I am going to get a lot of comments about not being old enough for patients to trust me. We decided that I will just say, fine you can deal with one of the old hags that has worked way too long and hates their job and all of you sick people and isn't up to date on all of the new information because they went to school before I was born! Well probably not. I'm hoping that people will like me cause I'm nice. It usually works out pretty well for me! Just picture it, in approximately twentyish months I will have a big kid job, freaky! For now I am just excited to find some cute, hopefully semi well fitting navy scrubs! Nursing School here I come!

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap Jess that's awesome!!! Congrats on getting in! You'll do awesome and when you save those sick peoples lives they won't care how old you look haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha the asian comment... you kill me. You wont kill anyone. And they will love your niceness. Maybe wear makeup so you at least look your age- you do like a little tiny when unmake-uped. I love that come-back for being young- its seriously true! You will do SO awesome and be an amazing nurse. I'm SO VERY PROUD of my lil grown up poopie. Love you. Good luck! Hope it doesn't suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jess. You worked so hard and you will be a great nurse. I am very proud of you. When you are 50 you will be so glad that you look 10 years younger than you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure wish I could have had a nice young steady handed well prepared nurse when I went in to the hospital to have Nathan! Darned if I can remember her name now, but it was the same nurse that was shaking so bad she couldn't put my IV in when I had Alex and she put the catheter in wrong with Nathan and dang that hurt!!!! You'll do great, I'm positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOO! I love talking medical with someone.

    ReplyDelete