Monday, June 7, 2010

Is reality REAL or is it something your brain creates?


I held someone's brain in my hands today. Their entire reality. All of their thoughts, memories, actions, dreams, plans, and so much more. In my hands. I can name all of the parts. Seriously quiz me, I am not kidding around with my anatomy studying! But it just blows my mind! I am sitting here blogging on my computer...my brain is facilitating my writing and comprehension and finger movements and my vision, and color recognition, and object recognition, and my background thoughts of beautiful men, and the background song in my head that never really goes away. Holy Cammoley! It is just beyond my comprehension how all of this works! We are smart, loving, able people because of this grey matter in our heads...it just freaks me right out! Maybe I should become a student of the philosophy of life cause there is some seriously deep thought going on in my brain right now. Weird. But I like it.

5 comments:

  1. crazy {boom boom} I just can't sleep. (that is my back ground song this week) You are funny I would quiz you but well I don't know anything so you could totally lie...not that you ever would.

    You are very smart, its a good thing you're pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...'all their thoughts, memories,...'

    I'm totally tripped out tooo! and I also like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah. Jess! Deeeeeeppp.... Love it. I hope you love anatomy. It makes greys anatomy even better if possible ha. OH did you know McSteamy named his new cute baby Billie Beatrus?!! What the?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess---you know the Lotus earrings I got you? I read this about the Lotus flower.

    The Lotus is rooted in mud but floats on the water without becoming wet or muddy.

    The lotus symbols is one the most poignant representations of Buddist teaching. The roots of a lotus are in the mud, the stem grows up through the the water, and the heavily scented flower lies pristinely above the water, asking in the sunlight. This pattern of growth isgnifies the progress of the soul from the primeval mud of materilism, through the waters of experience, and into the bright sunshine of enlightenment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful brain! It is totally amazing. That is why there is no question that there is a God.

    ReplyDelete